Friday, October 3, 2008

Our presence making a difference

One of our prayer volunteers reported this story:
Last Friday a woman approached me and asked "do you think that God will hold me accountable?" I asked her "for what?" She told me that she had scheduled her daughter for an abortion for the following Tuesday. I responded, "before the Throne of God?" she looked startled at that... we spoke for awhile about how the child was all there, intelligence, personality, she just hadn't seen the child yet, that her daughter would only carry the baby nine months but they would regret an abortion for the rest of their lives. In the end I gave her some info to help her and her daughter. She looked greatly relieved and smiled, I really think she was not going to have her daughter go through with the abortion. I am hoping that it was a successful turn away. I promised that we would pray for "Pam".

We may never know the full results of our prayers, but sometimes we see a glimpse. Keep praying!

No comments: