Friday, October 2, 2009

An Answer to a Prayer: 9th Child Reported Saved from Abortion by God working through 40 Days for Life Memphis

Weeks will go by where our prayer volunteers will show up and pray for an end to abortion among other related petitions and we will see no fruit from those prayers. We must just have faith and trust that our faithfulness is pleasing to God and that he is hearing us and doing something with those prayers. Yesterday, we received an email from prayer volunteers (our two sisters mentioned in a previous post) accompanied by a picture of a woman named Shannon. It read:

“Hello to all. This lady is named Shannon. She came up to my sister and I yesterday at Planned Parenthood. She was so excited as she was talking with us. She let us know her little girl is alive because of 40 Days. These are Shannon’s words…

‘I had scheduled an abortion, but at night I would have bad dreams and toss and turn. I was very upset at the thought of having an abortion at Planned Parenthood. I finally said I just cannot do this!!! I read all about 40 Days in the paper, and I have saved that paper as a sign from God. I am so grateful I did not have an abortion. Do you want to see my little girl?’

Shannon had a peace and joy about her…

I looked on her phone and saw a picture of a beautiful baby. My sister and I were humbled and deeply touched by this. Thank you, Jesus!”

Here is the picture that accompanied the e-mail of Shannon:

shannon

We are so humbled and thankful here at 40 Days for Life Memphis for this mother who chose life and for this precious child. It brings to mind this verse:

“For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him.” 1 Samuel 1:27

Thank you Jesus for giving us the blessing of knowing of this mother and child. It is such a grace to be able to see an answer to a prayer!

No comments: