Saturday, March 14, 2009

Respect for ALL Life


Being Pro-Life is more than just wanting to save the lives of babies and the souls of women seeking abortion. Being Pro-Life means you care about humanity, all humanity, through all stages of life.

There is a popular song by Brandon Heath whose chorus goes like this:

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity.

Give me your arms for the broken hearted
Ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see.

This afternoon I watched a powerful pro-life scenario...it was about 1:30 and there were about 5 of us out at Planned Parenthood. It was cold and so I was counting my last remaining minutes when I noticed a man lumbering down the road toward our little band. It was apparent that he was homeless the closer he got.

He stopped, spoke briefly and then read our signs, nodding all the while. He shared a bit about himself and introduced himself as Michael. He told us that he loved Jesus but that (in his own words) he was a drunk. After a short conversation he went down the road.

Just a bit later he came back passed us and Kathy W. asked him if we could pray with and for him; he readily agreed. She asked the LORD to work in his life anew and to deliver him from alcohol. After the "amens" Kathy ministered to him - beseeching him to go back to his church, to get sober. As she wept, Michael (whose name means "one who is like God") reached up with his dirty, calloused hands and wiped away her tears.

And as he wiped them he told her how beautiful she was, and she is. But Michale wasn't just seeing Kathy, he was coming face to face with Christ - in her! At that very sacred moment I knew God was at the corner of Union and Pine, again...still. Christ is there because we are gathered there in His name and for His glory.

We have chosen to stand for life. He sends those we need to minister to whether they are confused young women, desperate enough to take the life of their unborn or a homeless man whose presence reminds us that all life is sacred.

- Judy

No comments: