Monday, March 23, 2009

The Face of 40 Days for Life Memphis is Young!

The face of 40 Days for Life Memphis is so young! It really gives us so much hope and joy to see young Memphians as they passionately become involved in the campaign.

Since the start of the local 40 Days for Life effort young people have been showing out in great numbers to join us in prayer on the corner of Union Avenue and Pine in front of Planned Parenthood. They desire to stand up for life. I was standing next to one young person on Union and asked her why she was there. She told me:

"One third of my generation is missing. I do not know any of my friends or relatives that have not been affected by abortion. Two of my siblings are missing and my mother hurts. One of them was murdered right here at this Planned Parenthood. When there is an injustice you do something about it. Unfortunately right now, all we can legally do to stop the injustice going on inside is stand out here and pray and be a witness and reminder to the preciousness of life. That is why I am here. I hope my prayers and witness will be a means in which God saves a precious life and brings conversion of heart to a mother my age."

And joining us in prayer is not where their presence ends. Half of our leadership committee is under the age of twenty-six, and our Campaign Director is only but eighteen years and still in high school! Half, and some weeks all, of those that show up to participate in our door-to-door advocacy campaign on Saturdays are young people. They voluntarily lead us in prayer and song at our rallies and even practically lead them. They have become the face of 40 Days for Life Memphis and it has brought us so much hope!

Last week Blessed Sacrament Homeschool Group joined us in prayer and lined the corner and front of the building that leases to Planned Parenthood with young prayer warriors! They are pictured here. May God reward them for all they do to seek to protect life from conception until natural death!


No comments: