Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Reports: Women Hurt by Planned Parenthood Memphis

Since the edited video was released, Tennessee Right to Life has been receiving many accounts from women on their experiences with Planned Parenthood Memphis and other Planned Parenthood affiliates in Nashville and Knoxville. It is saddening.

One woman writes:

"This does not surprise me at all. Planned Parenthood in Memphis was despicable 20 years ago when I had my experience at the same clinic... They did not care about me, my physical or mental health... The facts speak for themselves: all they care about is the money associated with the act of abortion. They do not care about women, period!" - Former patient at Memphis Planned Parenthood facility

Another writes:

"I went to them once... I was totally taken in and went expecting to find counseling and education in choosing birth control, perhaps a financial break and emotional support. They were the coldest group of women, peremptory, even nasty! They charged me as much as any doctor's office for their "services". The only time I have ever had trouble giving blood was in their clinic where the "nurse" had to try again and again. By the time I got home that day my arm was black and blue, literally from my shoulder to my wrist! I realize that was nothing compared to some of the ill treatment many other women have received from them, but it made a big impression on me..."

Tennessee Right to Life is as devastated by these facts and stories as we are and is doing all possible to ensure that Planned Parenthood in Tennessee no longer receives the funds that keep them being able to place our daughters and sisters into dangerous and hurtful situations.

If you or a loved one received poor service or have a personal experience with Planned Parenthood Memphis or another affiliate that you wish to share, please contact Ann Marie at 615.298.5433 or email her at defundpp@tnrtl.org. All information will be kept confidential unless written permission is granted allowing Tennessee Right to Life to share.

May God grant mercy to all staff at Planned Parenthood Memphis.

No comments: